Nominations are now open for the 2018 VIBE Vista Awards which will recognize one winner per Award Category list below during the VIBE Conference on February 27.
Important Date: Award submissions close on Monday, November 13, 2017
2018 VIBE Vista Award Categories
Please click each link to be directed to the official nomination form.
- Best Beer Program
- Best Wine Program
- Best Spirits Program
- Best Adult Alcohol Free Beverage Program
- Best Beverage Menu Revamp
- Best Beverage Promotion
- Best Beverage Limited Time Offer (LTO)
- Best Responsible Alcohol Service
- Best Overall – Multi Unit Chain Restaurants
- Best Overall – Hotels, Casinos & Cruise Lines
When are award submissions due?
Monday, November 13, 2017
When will someone notify me if my submission is not complete?
Andrea Floyd ([email protected]) will contact you by November 6, 2017 if any information or documents are missing to ensure that all submissions meet the award criteria before closing date of November 13, 2017.
What is the maximum number of pages I can attach for supporting material?
No more than 10 pages are accepted for supported documentation.
What type of file would you like uploaded for supporting material?
PowerPoint, PDF, or Microsoft Word
When submitting on the Wufoo form can I include a link?
Yes, links are not only allowed but are recommended.
Website is required.
Can I send live materials?
Only finalists are eligible to submit live materials.
Can I submit the same nomination for different categorizes?
No, each entry must be customized.
Who can submit a nomination?
Anyone who has not won in the same category in the previous year: sponsors, consultants, agencies, distributors, suppliers, operators. Last year’s winners for a category are not eligible to win in the same category but can submit for all other categories. Each category nomination must be submitted separately.
Can companies with multiple concepts (DBA'S) submit one nomination for all concepts (DBA'S)?
No, each concept (DBA) must submit a separate nomination.
Multiple Concept Award Example:
Last year we won the award for best wine program. We have 2 other concepts (DBA'S). Are they eligible to submit a nomination this year?
Yes, each DBA is treated as a separate entity and can/must submit separate nominations. Last year’s winner cannot submit a nomination in the category that they won. They can submit in other categories.
When will I be notified if I am a finalist?
All finalists will be notified by Monday, November 27, 2017.
When will I be notified if I am a winner?
All winners will be notified by December 11, 2017.
Who will be judging the VIBE Vista Awards?
Johnson & Wales University beverage faculty, staff and alumni.
When are the awards?
The awards will take place February 27 at the 2018 VIBE Conference. There will be one winner per Award category.
VIBE Vista Award Rules & Regulations
- Please find the Qualification Parameters Here.
- All promotions/programs nominated must have occurred in the 2016-2017 calendar year.
- Applicants are NOT eligible to receive the same award two years in a row.
- An operator is eligible to win more than one award in the same year if the judges award them the highest score in multiple categories.
- Nominations must meet a minimum point score (determined by the judges) to be considered a finalist.
- If there are no finalists in a category no award will be given.
- All finalists will be required to mail hard copies of programs or content imagery.
- Winners must be able to attend VIBE Conference 2018 to receive the award.