Nominations are now closed for the 2019 VIBE Vista Awards which will recognize one winner per Award Category listed below!
2019 Vista Award Categories
- NEW! Best Training Program
- Best Beer Program
- Best Wine Program
- Best Spirits Program
- Best Adult Alcohol Free Beverage Program
- Best Beverage Menu Revamp
- Best Beverage Promotion
- Best Beverage Limited Time Offer (LTO)
- Best Responsible Alcohol Service
- Best Overall – Multi Unit Chain Restaurants
- Best Overall – Hotels, Casinos & Cruise Lines
Vista Award FAQs
When are award submissions due?
Monday, November 5, 2018
When will someone notify me if my submission is not complete?
Michelle MacLeod (email@example.com) will contact you by October 29, 2018 if any information or documents are missing to ensure that all submissions meet the award criteria before closing date of November 5, 2018.
What is the maximum number of pages I can attach for supporting material?
No more than 10 pages are accepted for supported documentation.
What type of file would you like uploaded for supporting material?
PowerPoint, PDF, or Microsoft Word
Recommendations on how to increase your judging score:
Download the Vista Award submission example here.
When submitting on the Wufoo form can I include a link?
Yes, links are not only allowed but are recommended.
Website is required.
Can I send live materials?
Only finalists are eligible to submit live materials.
Can I submit the same nomination for different categories?
No, each entry must be customized.
Who can submit a nomination?
Anyone who has not won in the same category in the previous year: sponsors, consultants, agencies, distributors, suppliers, operators. Last year’s winners for a category are not eligible to win in the same category but can submit for all other categories. Each category nomination must be submitted separately.
Can companies with multiple concepts (DBA'S) submit one nomination for all concepts (DBA'S)?
No, each concept (DBA) must submit a separate nomination.
Multiple Concept Award Example:
Last year we won the award for best wine program. We have 2 other concepts (DBA'S). Are they eligible to submit a nomination this year?
Yes, each DBA is treated as a separate entity and can/must submit separate nominations. Last year’s winner cannot submit a nomination in the category that they won. They can submit in other categories.
When will I be notified if I am a finalist?
All finalists will be notified by Monday, November 26, 2018.
When will I be notified if I am a winner?
All winners will be notified by December 17, 2018.
Who will be judging the VIBE Vista Awards?
Johnson & Wales University beverage faculty, staff and alumni.
When are the awards?
The awards will take place on Tuesday, February 26 at the 2019 VIBE conference in San Diego.
VIBE Vista Award Rules & Regulations
- Please find the Qualification Parameters Here.
- All promotions/programs nominated must have occurred in the 2017-2018 calendar year.
- Applicants are NOT eligible to receive the same award two years in a row.
- An operator is eligible to win more than one award in the same year if the judges award them the highest score in multiple categories.
- Nominations must meet a minimum point score (determined by the judges) to be considered a finalist.
- If there are no finalists in a category no award will be given.
- All finalists will be required to mail hard copies of programs or content imagery.
- Winners must be able to attend VIBE Conference 2019 to receive the award.
Additional Award Ceremonies at VIBE Conference 2019 include:
- Industry Legend
- Innovator of the Year
- VIBE Supplier Awards, presented by CM Profit Group, LLC. Rating Beer, Spirits, Wine & Non-Alcohol companies.